Few people realize how much really offers us a Outlook mail service from Microsoft. Not wanting to discuss all the things you get for free I will mention only one, which is the subject of this article.
Well, with a little effort Outlook.com can hook your own domain and have a free email service for your business (although you would have to check the license agreement), what more you should also remember that having an account at Outlook.com also means that you have access to calendar, Office WebApps and Skype. Which in practice means that we have a complete mobile office if only we have access to the Internet. Now let's move on to the point, that is run under the auspices Outlook.com our private domain mail service. I will inform you in advance that you have to have an email account Microsoft previously created!
Here's how to do the process:
- Go under domains.live.com address and click the “Get Started” option and log in your account, which I mentioned earlier. Now give the name of our personal domain need to configure the services it provides Outlook.com and then choose "Set up Outlook.com for my domain". In the next screen we will see a summary of what we have done, and here you can change the administrator of the domain (the default is now our account logged on to the service).
- To fully complete the process, we must still prove that the domain given by us is our property and we have a right to it. This type of authentication can be done in two ways, the first of which is Microsoft advising.
- Adding a TXT record for a domain: we carry out the initial configuration that have no effect on the mail service, which is already working for our domain and at the end do the redirect on Microsoft servers.
- Adding/changing the MX record for your domain with the DNS configuration, in this case the process is best performed without mail configured elsewhere.
- Create a new mailbox, the moment when everything we do well and disappear yellow background with the message "You need prove ownership ..." we can start creating mailboxes. Simply in “Section Members” give name in Account name, which will be the part of the email address located before of your domain name in email address.
Checking the mail so configured can take place either on outlook.com or on configured subdomain from your domain, but it requires of us a little bit more work. Next, we can be tempted to configure auto discovering which is a feature greatly facilitates the addition of the box on any client (or a PC application or applications on mobile devices).